Building Block Preschool
September 3, 2019 - May 15, 2020
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year opens March 18.
NEW THIS YEAR: Classes are running two weeks longer, and a 3-hour class for 4-year-old students is now available.
Children in the Building Block Preschool Program will learn through play, as they are taught skills to help develop their creativity as well as their educational and emotional well-being by qualified and caring instructors in a friendly atmosphere.
The program gears its curriculum to make sure that students are taught the skills they will need to enter Kindergarten, with a student/instructor ratio of 10:1.
2.5 Year Old Preschool
The focus of this program is to sharpen the large motor skills, foster specialization, and provide developmentally appropriate activities that embrace sensory and exploration skills.
3 Year Old Preschool
The focus of this program is to provide hands-on/center-based activities that foster fine motor skills to enhance prewriting skills, promote socialization, and introduce letter/number recognition. Large motor skills are enhanced through music and movement activities that also encourage following directions and listening skills. Simple math and science projects are incorporated into the curriculum to foster critical thinking skills.
4 Year Old Preschool
The focus of 4 year old preschool is to provide developmentally appropriate activities to ensure our students are socially, emotionally, and academically ready for Kindergarten. Hands-on, center-based activities, as well as pencil writing are used to emphasize letters and their sounds, numbers, and simple sight words. Math and science projects are incoporated to foster critical thinking skills.
- Children must be the appropriate age (3 or 4 years old) prior to September 1, 2019 and must be toilet trained (exception only for the 2.5 year old class). No age exceptions will be made.
- Parents are required to bring a birth certificate or an official document with the child’s birthdate and proof of residency at the time of registration.
- Appropriate immunizations will be required for children to attend preschool.
- A completed Program Information Form (PIF), child’s immunization records, and a current photo of your child must be completed and turned into the park district prior to the child starting class.
- Program Information Forms and the Parent Handbook will be available online March 18.
Fees & Deposits
$25 of your fee is a non-refundable service charge. If payment is made in full, a discount of $20 will be applied towards your fee. No refunds will be guaranteed after January 25, 2019.
The Streamwood Park District offers a payment plan option. The $100 deposit must be paid for at the time of registration. Monthly bills (payable online or at registration) will be generated on September 1, 2019 - March 1, 2020.
What Parents Are Saying
"I just asked my daughter how much she likes preschool...she said she's never leaving."
"I want to take this moment to thank all of the staff for the great job they did over the year. After this year my son has been more secure and confident with himself.
"My son loved the surpise box and show-and-tell. He also enjoyed the art projects. His letter recognition and writing improved dramatically."
"My daughter absolutely loves going to school. My second daughter will be in her class next year."
Online Registration Not Available For Preschool
Must Register In-Person